Last year, Boston singer-songwriter Marisa Nadler released Covers Volume I. We named it one of the best cover albums of the year, so needless to say, we’re excited to report she’s recorded a follow-up. Once again, it will be for sale exclusively through crafting online marketplace Etsy, but you can download three tracks now (and her cover of Leonard Cohen’s “Winter Lady” here).
As you probably heard, Saturday was Record Store Day. In fact, you probably heard that here. Many, many times. Yes, we’ve already done plenty of RSD cover coverage. In brief:
• Of Montreal Record Buffalo Springfield Cover for Record Store Day
• Listen: LCD Soundsystem Covers Franz Ferdinand’s “Live Alone”
• Listen: The Decemberists Sing the Louvin Brothers for Record Store Day
• Listen: Foo Fighters Release Two New Covers on ‘Medium Rare’
• Peaches, ESG, and Stephin Merritt Cover Franz Ferdinand for Record Store Day
• LCD Soundsystem’s “Someone Great” Receives a Folk Makeover by the Toadies
• Green Day Celebrates Record Store Day with “Don’t Want to Know If You Are Lonely”
Well, believe it or not, there’s more. Lots more. So below we round up our favorite Record Store Day covers we haven’t posted yet. They include new covers by the Flaming Lips, Built to Spill, Steve Earle, The Twilight Sad, Clinic, and Ty Segall. Check ‘em out below!