You know the story by now. Rave On Buddy Holly drops later this month and the label has been releasing a steady stream of preview tracks for weeks now. Well, here are two more.
First, She & Him deliver a by-the-books cover of “Oh Boy.” The duet angle adds a little beachy vibe, but otherwise it’s not a huge departure (via Stereogum). Fiona Apple and Jon Brion’s version of “Everyday,” on the other hand, offers a quiet acoustic breath of fresh open air. The simple melody shines through with quiet strumming and xylophone.
Check out both tracks below. Here are links to all the previously released songs:
• The Black Keys cover “Dearest”
• Modest Mouse covers “That’ll Be the Day”
• Cee-Lo Green covers “You’re So Square (Baby I Don’t Care)”
• Paul McCartney covers “It’s So Easy”
• Julian Casablancas covers “Rave On”
• Florence and the Machine covers “Not Fade Away”
• My Morning Jacket covers “True Love Ways”
She & Him – Oh Boy (Buddy Holly cover)
Fiona Apple and Jon Brion – Everyday (Buddy Holly cover)
Rave On Buddy Holly drops June 28th.